Tuesday, February 2, 2010

El Portillo Chardonnay

I must say that I am not very good at choosing wines. Mostly because I don't know what I like yet. Therefore, I am starting to buy the same variety of wine, from several different vineyards. This is to see if I don't like the type of wine, or if I don't like the way one vineyard makes it.

I bought a bottle of El Portillo Chardonnay on sale at PFI. I believe it was a $20 bottle regular priced and was on sale for $12 or so. I did not like it. It was very dry and not sweet. I don't like when I drink a glass of wine and it makes the back of my mouth pucker, like I've just ate a lemon drop. I like wine to be smooth. Probably won't buy this Chardonnay again, but will buy another Chardonnay to see if I like it in general.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...