Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sourdough Pizza Crust with Homemade sauce

Pizza dough:

1 1/2 c sourdough starter
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 c flour

Mix together. Let rest for 30 minutes. Roll out and bake for 7 min at 450. (I rolled out the dough onto a floured baking stone and put it directly in the oven) Remove from oven, put toppings on and bake until toppings are done to your liking.

I started using more whole wheat flour. Right now, my batch of flour is about 50% white/50% wheat.

Tomato sauce:

1 pint stewed tomatoes (that I canned from the garden last year)
1 pint tomato juice (also from the garden)
1 clove of garlic
1 bay leaf
1 1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp fennel
1/2 tsp basil (I used an ice cube of frozen basil, from this summer when I had WAY TOO MUCH basil to eat)
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp rosemary
Also added fresh parsley, about 2 Tbsp.

Simmer until reduced to the point where it can be used as a sauce. Mine reduced to about a third of what it was when started. I think it took about 30 minutes of simmering.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...