Saturday, October 16, 2010

Haybaling: A Family Affair

On the way down to the bottoms

A view of the cows through the trees


This is why I love the farm.


Yes, that's the tractor I got married on


Putting on gloves

We had over 170 bales



I had fewer bales than Daniel did on his side, so I took a few moments to photograph Mom.

Dad stacking.

Dad being goofy.

For the second half of the field, Dad and Daniel had me drive the tractor.

My view on the way up the hill.

The tractor I drove up the hill. It didn't like the steep hill, heavy load and gravel.


Moving cows from one pasture to another.


Last weekend I went home to the farm. I was unaware, but Dad cut hay last week. Friday night when I got home, he asked if I would help. Ended up, Mom drove for awhile while my brother Daniel, me, and Dad loaded bales. Then I drove the second tractor, and helped Dad load the bales into the barnloft. Typically this ordeal includes more than  four people but we were a little shorthanded this weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...