Sunday, March 20, 2011

Garden Report 03.20.2011

I planted spring veggies today:
Tonda di Parigi Carrots
Tall Telephone Garden Peas
Golden Beets
Chinese Red Meat Radish
Hollow Crown Parsnip
Rocky Top Lettuce Mix
Chantenay Red Core Carrot
Chioggia Beet
Giant Noble Spinach
White Vienna Kohlrabi
European Mesclun Salad Mix


What I need to do this week: Plant onions.

The tomato seeds I planted are all looking good. I need to replant some of the peppers and all the eggplant because the germination rate is not so good.
I am also going to start the following inside:
Batavian Full Heart Endive
Slo Bolt Cilantro
Red Mexican Hat Wildflower
Yellow Prairie Coneflower

I also should probably take some soil samples over to the MO Extension office soon to see what the soil deficiencies are.

The greenhouse needs vent openers on the other three windows. For this summer, I don't think I'll put the insulation or (heat sink) rain barrels in. The next thing to work on is getting brackets and shelves in on the south side of the greenhouse, some hooks for tools, and a planting bench. I've also been on the lookout for some kind of large urn/pot to put the bamboo stakes in during the winter.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...