Monday, March 21, 2011

Garden Report 03.21.2011

Today I planted some of the onions from the Intermediate Day Sampler from Dixondale Farms. I planted six assorted rows (because the intermediate day sampler is all mixed up), with three "ditches" of fertilizer. The rows are like so: onion, fertilizer, onion, onion, fertilizer, onion, onion, fertilizer, onion.
I also planted some leeks today. They will be sharing a bed with the artichokes (all of which seem to have overwintered. I pulled the straw off that bed yesterday.), squash, and cucumbers. On the west end of the bed, I planted two rows of leeks with one row of fertilizer down the middle. On the east end of the bed, I planted three rows of leeks without any fertilizer. This is an experiment to see if the fertilizer is necessary.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...