Sunday, December 18, 2011

Cookie baking

For the last couple weeks I've been wanting to bake Christmas cookies. I'm not a grinch about cookies like I am about Christmas music.

Grandma and I finally got my cousin to come out and help bake cookies. We baked:
- a "store-bought" package of peanut butter cookies
- a batch of Grandma Ettling's oatmeal cookies, which we split in half and made half oatmeal raisin and half oatmeal chocolate chip pecan
- a batch of Aunt Patty's sugar cookies
- and a batch of Molasses cookies, that Grandma Fluegge has been talking about making for the last month.


Instead of typing out the recipe I took a picture of it because I thought the method of its presentation was interesting. It's on the back of a "Vote for this guy" card from who knows how long ago. Grandma said if more of them would put recipes on their ad material, maybe they'd get more votes. Ha!

I will tell you this batter is not stiff like it claims to be. If you follow the recipe above, it will need extra flour otherwise you'll end up with cookies that are all spread out, like we had.

Notice I'm not even showing a photo of these cookies because I was embarrassed of their looks. But they taste mighty good. We substituted pecans for the walnuts. Excellent choice.

And I crumbled them up and put them on top of my Cream of Wheat this morning instead of adding brown sugar. Probably would be good on oatmeal as well.



I love living with Grandma and being on the farm and home again, but a few things I know: I'm ready for my upright Kitchenaid mixer, my mini-ice cream scoop cookie scoop, my cookie sheets, my cooling racks, my oven, and my husband's loving complaints, "You made all these cookies and force fed them to me."


Of course I did, and I forced him to drink a gallon of milk, too.


Number of times my office has moved since I started my job: once, and I'm moving again on Tuesday
Number of days until I see the Hubs: Four
Number of weeks I've been at my new job: tomorrow starts 8 weeks


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...