Thursday, December 1, 2011

Running Update

Wow. It's been 6 weeks since I last ran. Last night I went to the Shawnee Rec Center here in town. It is not nearly as busy as the other gym, Osage. There are a lot of after school programs for elementary kids at Shawnee, but I was the only person in the weight/cardio room, except for the guy who works in there.

I wasn't sure how well I would do because it was a different treadmill than I'm used to, and because it had been so long. But I did really well:
Walk at 3.3 mph for 3 minutes
Walk at 3.5 mph for 2 minutes
Ran at 4.6 mph for 10 minutes
Walk at 3.5 mph for 5 minutes

I probably could have ran for a couple more minutes.

Definitely will be going back to Shawnee in the future. But I think I might change into my workout clothes here at the office. For some reason, the Shawnee Center doesn't have locker rooms, so I changed in one of the handicapped accessible stalls. But there also wasn't a shelf to put my clothes on or a bench to sit on while putting on my tennis shoes. Strange. (and bad design!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...