Friday, February 8, 2013

Cleaning up


At the end of summer, I bought this palm at Lowe's. It was doing ok until we went on vacation and then the leaves started turning pale and dying. I thought maybe it was croaking due to us turning the thermostat so low on vacation, until I flipped over some leaves and found spider mites. Ick. I hate mites. They've taken over my garden in years past and probably annoy me more than aphids.
After some research on treatment for mites on houseplants, I determined Neem oil was a safe remedy. I already had a bottle of it, so I diluted per directions and put in a spray bottle. I put the plant in the shower and drenched both sides of all leaves. Website research, and bottle directions, indicate a second treatment may be necessary in 7 to 10 days. For now, the plant is back in front of the window, hopefully not contaminating other plants...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...