Thursday, April 8, 2010

Chardonnay #3 and two dinners

For the last several days, I've been drinking out of a bottle of Alamos Chardonnay, an Argentinian wine. I believe I have found the first Chardonnay that I enjoy. It is not bitter when cold, nor when room temperature. Yesterday's dinner was a vodka cream sauce pasta, and this evening's was creamed spinach and pork tenderloin. It went well with both dinners.

Below are recipes for both dinners, both so that I remember how I made them, and to share.

Vodka Cream Sauce Pasta

1/2 a package of store bought dry pasta, boiled
1 jar of Vodka cream sauce (I used Classico.)
about 4 oz of fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 of a medium onion, diced
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
Seasonings: basil, parsley, thyme, sea salt & freshly ground black pepper

Cook the chicken in a skillet with olive oil until finished. Season with salt and pepper. Add the mushrooms and onions and saute until tender. Add more olive oil if needed to prevent sticking.
When tender, add the entire jar of sauce and stir until well coated.
Fold in the pasta. I say "fold" because the skillet will be full.
Add the seasonings. This last summer, I had a lot of herbs, so I froze them into ice cubes. I used an ice cube each of basil, parsley and thyme. If you have fresh use it!

I ate sauteed asparagus alongside the pasta.

Creamed Spinach

This recipe is adapted from one I found on sparkpeople.com, a weight loss website.


1 pkg frozen spinach, thawed and drained
2 Tbsp butter
olive oil, as needed
4 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 a medium onion, sliced thinly
1/2 c sour cream
1/2 c milk (I used 2%, but you could also use 1/2 and 1/2 or heavy cream and reduce the amount of sour cream used.)
1/2 c grated parmesan
sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
pinch of nutmeg

Saute the mushrooms and onions in the butter, and if necessary add olive oil. When tender, add the spinach and cook until warmed through. Add the sour cream and milk. Stir to "melt" the sour cream. Add the seasonings and parmesan.

I ate the creamed spinach alongside pork tenderloin. Delicious!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...