Saturday, June 12, 2010

Fall Garden 2010 Plans

So I'm a genius. I had a whole fall planting list figured out. I came across it last week when I was cleaning off my desk. I'm pretty sure the list went into the recycling pile (oops) and the recycling was dropped off on Tuesday.

So I'm starting the list from scratch. Lucky for me, I can use the University of Missouri Extension office's Vegetable Planting Calendar as a guide. (It's a downloadable PDF linked on the left side of their website.) Their planting calendar is divided into three zones: North, Central and South Missouri. Although Springfield is geographically located in Southern Missouri, our climate is much like that of North Missouri, due to the Ozark Plateau and such, so I'm listing approximate planting dates for North Missouri in parenthesis.

Green beans (7/25-8/5)
Beets (7/25-8/1)
Carrots (7/20-7/30)
Kohlrabi (7/20-7/25)
Lettuce (8/1-8/15)
Radish (8/1-8/20)
Spinach (7/20-8/10)

Other items to plant this fall, that aren't on their list:
Escarole & Escarole (I'm thinking this can be planted the same time as lettuce and spinach, because it's a green.)
Peas (These get really hot really fast, so I probably shouldn't plant them until September, around the end of the radish planting dates.)

There's no losing this list, unless Blogger decides to delete it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...