Sunday, February 13, 2011

Crockpot Tamale Pie Variation #2

Several months ago, I posted a Crockpot Tamale Pie recipe. This time, I had a couple different ingredients on hand and wanted to try it again. 


Tamale Pie variation #2

3/4 c cornmeal
1 1/2 c milk
1 egg, beaten
1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
1 envelope dry chili seasoning (when I was at the grocery store I had myself convinced the recipe called for taco seasoning, so that's what I used.)
16 oz can diced tomatoes (I used a pint of home-canned tomatoes)
16 oz can corn, drained
16 oz can pinto beans
1/2 large onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 c shredded cheddar

Spray the inside of the slow cooker with non-stick spray.

Start browning the ground beef in a skillet. Add onion and bell pepper and cook until tender.

Mix together cornmeal, milk and egg in crockpot.
Mix in meat mixture, tomatoes, seasoning, pinto beans and corn.
Cook, covered, on high for 1 hour, then on low 3 hours.
Sprinkle with cheese and cook about 5 minutes for cheese to melt.

Note:
The original recipe does not call for onion, bell pepper, or pinto beans.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...