Saturday, February 5, 2011

Onions and anxiety

Today I ordered my onions from Dixondale Farms. I was going to get around to it, but earlier this week I got a reminder email from the Owner (well, probably his secretary, in an automated email) that I hadn't ordered my onions yet and this is the time I ordered them last year. I felt a little whipped into shape after that email, and also appreciative that they would take time to email a reminder like that. So I ordered a bunch of lancelot leeks (I was only going to order half a bunch, but a full bunch was only $2 more), and a mixed bunch of intermediate day onions. I was going to order some of their special onion fertilizer - it's all nitrogen and no P-K. But I decided instead to use up some of the fertilizer in the garage. I think it's the Lowe's version of Miracle Grow. Not the best stuff, but I'd rather use it than throw it away. It has a pretty high nitrogen content if I remember correctly.

I'm getting really anxious about my sixth exam on Tuesday. Mostly because this will probably be the hardest exam for me. If I fail any of them, this will be the one. I've been reading the material for several months now, but still not scoring very high on the sample exams. However, it's been my experience that the practice exams for the other sections were a lot harder than the real exam and I passed the five I've taken on the first try. The other reason I'm anxious is because it may snow again early next week and I'd hate to have to reschedule it. The Hubs said he'll take me to the testing center if need be, if I can't get there in the car. I should probably read up on their snow cancellation policy, too, though.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...