Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cranberry Pistachio White Chocolate Cookies


I've been baking the same chocolate chip cookie recipe for ages, and somewhere between switching to an electric oven (because we don't have a propane tank yet), and using Aldi's all purpose flour instead of name brand flour from Dillon's, the quality of my cookies has deteriorated. 

I found this website, through Pinterest and it details how to fix your cookies. You see the numbered picture that tells you what to do to fix your cookie? My oatmeal cookies have looked like #4 lately. 

So I made a batch of these cookies, and baked one tray. They spread out way too much. So I added 1/2 c more flour. And they worked. They were beautiful cookies, as long as I remembered to rotate the trays to the other shelf halfway through cooking. 

This is based off a recipe from the November 2011 issue of Food and Wine: Dried Cranberry and Chocolate Cookies. I tweaked it because I wanted to add pistachios and use white chocolate chips. 

Cranberry, Pistachio, White Chocolate Cookies

2-1/2 c flour
1 c quick oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2-1/2 sticks butter
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 c white chocolate chips
1 c pistachios, chopped
1 c dried cranberries

In a large bowl, mix the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt. 

In your stand mixer bowl, beat the butter with the sugars until creamy. Then add the eggs and vanilla. 

Then mix in the dry ingredients. 

Then mix in the chocolate chips, pistachios and cranberries. 

I use a cookie scooper that is about 1-1/2 Tbsp.

Bake at 325 for 12-15 minutes. You may need to rotate the trays halfway through baking. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...