Monday, April 1, 2013

Glasses


Last Thursday started my three weeks of wearing glasses. My Lasik procedure is April 19, and for three weeks prior I can't wear contacts. This is to allow my eyes to return to their normal shape before the procedure. 

I first got glasses in 4th grade (10 years old), and first got contacts in 6th grade (12 years old - at the same time I had braces - talk about low self esteem...). I haven't regularly worn glasses in 16 years. There are a couple things I forgot about: 
1. Glasses fogging up when walking into a building. 
2. Glasses fogging up when drinking a steaming cup of coffee. 
3. Glasses fogging up when stirring something on the stovetop. 
4. Rain drops. Ugh.
5. Onions. I think I've worn contacts since I started cooking. I've never had a problem cutting onions. People throughout the house would be crying and I'd be chopping away at the cutting board. Not so when I'm wearing glasses. I get halfway through an onion and my eyes are watering so much I can't see. My Hubs offered his diving goggles as a remedy... 
6. Glare. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...