Friday, May 10, 2013

Another Lasik followup

Today is three weeks since my Lasik procedure. I'm shocked how quickly my eyes healed.

Before I left for Boston, I had a followup visit with my regular eye doctor. I was concerned about traveling so soon after the procedure. She advised me to stay hydrated, especially on the plane (translation: minimize alcohol consumption), and to keep lots of eye drops on hand. My eyes did feel drier in the air, but one day I woke up in Boston and the dryness was gone. Even after arriving back home, the dryness was gone.

I've still been using eye drops several times a day. My eye doctor said the more my eyes and I stay hydrated, the less chance of a touch-up or enhancement procedure later on.

A couple observations:
Before the surgery, I could see extremely well the first 6 inches from my face. This was helpful when plucking my eyebrows and shaving my armpits. Now, that area is not as clear, but I can see leaves on trees and individual blades of grass. You win some, you lose some I guess. This may be something that improves with time. I'm sure this will make for interesting conversation with the eye doctor. And possibly awkward situations when my eyebrows and armpits go crazy. (No worries, the Hubs will keep me in check.)

I wish the surgery could do something about my floaters. Floaters were explained to me once as small pieces of eye blood vessels that died and are now in the jelly-like part of my eye. When I am in bright light they are more obvious, and look like dirt floating across my field of vision.

I wonder if the Bible verse (Matthew 7:3) was referring to floaters... Take care of the plank in your own eye before helping the speck in your friend's eye. (I'm joking, I know it doesn't refer to that...please don't be offended)

My eyes aren't watering as badly when cutting onions. Maybe I'm getting used to cutting onions without contacts?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...