Sunday, July 13, 2014

To my Baby Kangaroo - 7.13.14

Yesterday your Dad and I had maternity photos taken. I hope they turn out as good as I think they will! It was quite muggy during our photoshoot, but we were in the shade for the photos and there was a good breeze. They were the first professional photos we've had taken since our wedding nearly seven years ago.

This week you are about 4 pounds and are expected to gain about half a pound from here on out. You are welcome to stay inside and grow for the next 7 weeks!

Today is our baby shower with family. I also invited some friends from college and Springfield but I don't know who is attending. That will be a surprise! Your aunt Lyndsey, uncle Jason and their babies are here this weekend. They came for the shower, but also to spend some time with us and explore the area. Lyndsey brought a TON of baby clothes for us and some other stuff I haven't had a chance to look at yet.

My dad has been refinishing and repairing a rocking chair for your nursery. You'll be the sixth generation to rock in the chair. It looks so good. I wish we had some before photos because it looks like a different chair!

Symptoms this week:
Insomnia - still waking up several times a week and not able to get back to sleep. Usually worrying about work stuff, not baby stuff.
More peeing. I was only waking up once a night to pee, which was typical even before pregnancy. Now I wake up twice a night, and really have to go when I wake for good in the morning.
Hunger - still eating lots of (healthy) snacks
Hip pain, most noticeable on days I don't work out.
Back pain if I sit or stand in one position for too long
Possible varicose veins on my legs. On my right leg, there is a huge purple spot below the knee that looks almost like a bruise, probably about the size of my thumb.
Hot flashes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...