Sunday, September 7, 2014

To my Baby Kangaroo - 9.7.14

We are 41 weeks today and are really ready to meet you! I've walked nearly every day this week, if not at the gym then several laps in the driveway. (From our front door to the highway and back is .3 miles.) I had some contractions last Monday evening that were stronger than the typical Braxton Hicks I've experienced, and they came with back pain and I was able to time them every 20 minutes. I figured it would be a long night, so I laid down to rest and ended up falling asleep between contractions... When I woke up they had stopped. Guess you weren't ready to make an appearance yet!

On Wednesday, we had a non-stress test. The test was supposed to take about 20 minutes. My appointment was after lunch and you usually move around after lunch. Which was necessary for the test. The doctor hooked a contraction monitor and a fetal heart rate monitor around my belly and gave me a clicker. Whenever you moved, I was supposed to click the button. Except you didn't move at all for the first 20 minutes. Even after they gave me a cold Coke to drink, you didn't move much. An hour and a half later, you had only moved about 10 times, but your heart rate responded like it was supposed to so the doctor was satisfied that you weren't under any stress staying inside. Of course, right after I left the doctor's office you were active for the next hour... On the plus side, I got to take home a strip of paper with your heartbeat on it for your baby book.

Symptoms this week:
- Increased hunger - I've been waking up in the middle of the night and eating a mug of cereal because I've been so hungry. Maybe my body is storing extra energy for labor???
- Still peeing at least 3x a night and nearly every hour during the day...
- Increased Braxton Hicks contractions, all day long, and even when I get up in the night to pee.

Today, your dad and I are going to the Fair to walk around and eat carnival food for lunch. If you don't arrive today, this will probably not be my only fair lunch this week. I'm looking forward to corn dogs and king taters with the girls for lunch. I was actually thinking the fair would be your first outing but you didn't arrive when expected, so you'll experience the fair second hand this year.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...