Sunday, August 31, 2014

To My Baby Kangaroo - 8.31.14

Today is your due date. You don't know me yet, but I'm not a very patient person. Waiting is not something I do well. When given a deadline, I stick to it. So waiting for you to arrive has been torturous because I'm not really sure when you'll get here. Your room is ready, our bags are packed, and now we just wait. ...

I have read several articles about how to naturally induce labor, because I don't want to be induced with Pitocin. Several women I've spoken with say it is not a good experience, even with an epidural. I don't like the idea of my body being forced to open up and push you out if you're not ready. At my appointment last Monday, the doctor said if you aren't here by this week's appointment we will have a nonstress test. They'll hook a fetal heart rate monitor around my belly and I'm supposed to push a clicker when you move. Then they check to see how your heart rate reacts when you move. If we pass the test, then I guess you get to hang out a little longer. The doctor asked last week if I wanted to be induced, and I couldn't tell if he was joking or not. He said he is on vacation this week and I would like to be around to deliver you. I don't think the doctor's vacation plans are a good medical reason to induce, so I told him I'd rather wait for you to arrive. Last week I was about 2 cm dilated.

One of the ways to encourage labor is walking. But I've been walking my entire pregnancy so I wonder if that is why it doesn't seem to have an effect?

My symptoms:
- tired in the afternoons
- my toes get a little pudgy in late afternoons, but if I walk around it subsides. It is also worse if I forget to drink enough water.
- back and hip pain, even in the morning. I was feeling better after sleeping, but I guess with getting up 3 times a night to pee, I'm not laying still long enough to feel better?



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...