Monday, August 27, 2012

Meals for week of 8/27/12

When the Hubs and I lived in Springfield, we worked different shifts. I worked 8-5 and he worked 3:30 to midnight. We rarely saw each other during the week, and didn't eat together during the week unless I started missing him and decided to take him lunch during his evening break.

Living here in the Cape area, we now work very similar shifts. I work 8-5 and he works 8-6:30 (four 10-hour days). We get to eat breakfast and dinner together every day now. Which means I have to cook for two every day of the week. Usually I'm in the middle of making dinner when the Hubs gets home, as I've either gone to the gym or walked Freddy after work and then book it home to cook!

I've been taking my lunch to work for most days of the week, but I also cook dinner and recently started cooking the Hub's lunches as well. This week I am making:

My lunches:
Roasted Veggie and Black Bean Burritos
Mango Blueberry Quinoa Salad (This is if I run out of burritos)

The Hub's lunches:
Roasted Garlic, Red Pepper and Mushroom Quinoa (I'll post my revised recipe for this later, as I added beef and used couscous instead of quinoa!)

Dinners:
Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake (We had this for dinner last night and there are at least 2 more meals in the pan. I'll post my revised recipe later!)
Shrimp with Garlic and Parsley
Crispy Honey Lime Tilapia 

Where did I find all these recipes? Pinterest!

Apparently his coworkers think his meals are fabulous and are always asking "What did your wife make today?"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...