Thursday, August 30, 2012

Shrimp with Garlic


Yep, this is another one of those recipes I mentioned on Monday... Last night for dinner we had "Shrimp with garlic, on a bed bowtie noodles with parmesan cheese, with ribbons of corn". Haha- like my attempt at a fancy restaurant meal description?

On another note, I'm thinking of changing the blog title to Casa de Kangas. The domain is available, and since I'm no longer living in an urban area, it doesn't really fit for me to remain Urban Gardener Anna. Thoughts?

Anyway, back to the recipe... The original can be found here. But here's my version:

Shrimp with Garlic (about 3 servings)
2 Tbsp olive oil + 2 Tbsp butter (not margarine)
6 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 tsp. sweet paprika
1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 to 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 to 1 tsp garlic powder 
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

In a sauté pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil and butter. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes and paprika and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant. Increase the heat to high, add the shrimp and lemon juice, stir well, and sauté until the shrimp turn pink and are opaque throughout, about 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper, and garlic powder. 

Serve over pasta that's been mixed with parmesan, pepper and butter. 

You'll notice my version of the recipe does not include the white wine or parsley, because for some reason I forgot the parsley even though it's in the recipe's title.We also added more fresh garlic and garlic powder because it didn't taste garlicky enough. 

Next time we make this, we'll add a sauce because the pasta was a little dry. I was expecting more sauce from the shrimp... My intent was to serve steamed broccoli and cauliflower with the shrimp, but we had some leftover corn on the cob that needed used, so it took priority.


2 comments:

Wilma said...

Your Aunt Patty makes something really similar to this. She uses a half of a beer in the shrimp after they saute in the garlic & butter. She lets it cook down a little bit to loosen the yummy bits from the pan, and puts it over buttered pasta. The white wine would do the same thing!

Anna said...

ohhhh, I see. The white wine is another thing I forgot to purchase for this recipe...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...