Friday, October 26, 2012

Crock Pot BBQ Ribs

About last night's dinner.... I meant to photograph the ribs, but we ate them all. I had about a 2 lb package from the half hog we bought awhile back. The original recipe may be found here.


Crock Pot BBQ Ribs



  • 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tsp mustard
  • 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tsp hot sauce
  • 1 tsp Sriracha
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1 rack spareribs, cut in half as needed to fit in crock pot
  • 1 cup your favorite barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
  • 1-1/2 c water

Preparation

In medium bowl, mix all the ingredients.
Add the ribs  to the crockpot  and top with the sauce, turning them to coat. Cover the crock and cook on low for 8-10 hours.

I added water to the recipe because I knew I would be away from the house for 12 hours. Last time I made fajita chicken in the crockpot, I didn't add water, and the chicken was really dry and almost burnt. I didn't want that to happen with ribs!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...