Monday, February 24, 2014

To my Little Kangaroo - 12/24/13

The last couple weeks I've felt a little off. After reading lists of pregnancy symptoms on several websites (babycenter.com, webmd, mayoclinic, and a couple mom-blogs), I decided to take a pregnancy test last night. So I rushed through my workout at the gym, rushed to the grocery store for some last minute Christmas brunch items, and rushed home before your Dad got home so I could take a pregnancy test.

As expected, there were two lines. The second one was faint, but it was there. My grin was huge. I took a picture of the test, then put it back in the package and hid it from your Dad, in case he wants to see it later.

My "off feelings" the last couple weeks?
Last week:
Low grade fever for three days
Constipation
Lack of appetite
(Implantation) bleeding?
Saturday, I was getting dressed and asked your Dad if my boobs looked bigger; they weren't fitting in my bras and felt HUGE
Extreme thirst

This week:
My boobs hurt, mostly in the nipple area
I had a dull ache/cramp for most of the day Monday, very UNlike a period cramp
Nausea/upset stomach before each meal. You know that feeling you get when you smell someone else's vomit? That's what I've felt like. If I snacked, the feeling subsided.
Extreme thirst

Today is Christmas Eve. I worked this morning, and called the Doctor's office to see if I could get in for a blood test. The Doctor's office and all the labs are closed for the holiday. I'm telling your Dad tomorrow. It will be seven years tomorrow since the day he asked me to marry him, and I'm going to ask if he's ready for a Baby Kangaroo.

This week you are 1/4 cm long, your heart started beating, you look like a tadpole, and your major organs are forming.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...