Sunday, August 3, 2014

To My Baby Kangaroo - 8.3.14

Today starts week 36. At the end of this week you will be considered early term and then it's OK if you decide to make an early arrival. A lot more OK than if you had decided to arrive at week 35 or earlier. Your chances of surviving outside my body without machines is a lot greater now.

You are nearing 6 pounds and 18" long. (Which I find hard to believe! Your new cousin was born Friday and he was 5 lb 4 oz and 17" long, and his due date was about a week earlier than you)

I have slowly been working on your room. Yesterday I started the cushion for the rocking chair. I bought 3" thick foam from Hobby Lobby and a cotton duck cloth that has gray, purple and other colors in a paisley-type design. Cutting the foam is a pain! Luckily, I watched the woman while she was cutting it off the roll for me and learned her tricks. It is a layered foam, so it works best to cut it in layers.

I also started hanging up decorations. I found some cartoon-like wall art of a pig, a cow and a sheep and framed them.

And I couldn't find a changing table pad that was the correct size. Standard changing tables use a 16" x 32" changing pad, but our changing table measures 15.5" x 26.5". The changing pads at the store have quilted covers on them and aren't conducive to being cut down. So I bought a 3" thick polyfoam to cut down to size. I'll be making a homemade cover or two for the changing pad. And modifying the one we received off the registry that won't fit...

I think we're going to try cloth diapers starting around month 2-3. They will grow with you and will save us a lot of money and the landfill a lot of diapers in the long run. I've been looking at the Bum Genius 4.0, Bum Genius Freetime, and Rumparooz. This website has a 30 day trial, so if we want to try several different types we can, and then wash and send back the ones we want to switch out. But I can't order them until we are ready to try them on you; the 30 day trial starts from the date they are ordered.

My symptoms this week:
- my hands go numb probably every night when I sleep
- I get up to pee 2-3 times/night now, regularly, instead of the 1x/night prepregnancy. You changed positions sometime last week and are pressing on my bladder more. Sometimes it is almost painful!
- If I don't go to the gym, I am really sore. It doesn't make much sense, but the more sedentary I am, the worse I feel. Great reason to go to the gym!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...