Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Books

This is the last time I'll be updating this post. For the next year, I'll list what I've read under the "Reading List 2012" tab at the top of the page. 

Since purchasing a new phone, I started reading more because it has a Kindle app. This post is going to get updated everytime I finish a book. I'm also taking full advantage of the library near my house, and the feature I discovered online where I can request a book from another branch of the library to pick up at the one by my house! I can even order books through Mobius (the state-wide library system) to pick up at my local library!

Currently working on:

Life on the Mississippi by Mark Twain


The May Day Murders by Scott Wittenburg

 

In 2011, I read:

Dracula by Bram Stoker
Powerful words from this book: "The common people know me, and I am master. But a stranger in a strange land, he is no one. Men know him not, and to know not is to care not for." Chapter 2 (unsure of the page number!)

Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe

Letters of a Woman Homesteader by Elinore Pruitt Stewart

The Fence My Father Built by Linda S. Clare
A Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
The Time Machine by H.G. Wells
"Nature never appeals to intelligence until habit and instinct are useless. There is no intelligence where there is no change and no need of change." Chapter X.
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (I started reading this series while I was on vacation in Puerto Rico)
The Girl who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson

Winter's Bone by Daniel Woodrell

The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

The Black Echo by Michael Connelly (If you've heard of the movie The Lincoln Laywer, The Black Echo is the first in one of his other series. The main character's name is Hieronymous "Harry" Bosch, named after a painter I studied in college. Check out his painting Garden of Earthly Delights.

The Last Coyote by Michael Connelly
Void Moon by Michael Connelly


Sustainable Construction: Green Building Design and Delivery by Charles Kibert (This is an educational book because I'm working with a client who wants sustainable features in his building and I haven't done a green project since the LEED Platinum Habitat for Humanity house...I'm brushing up!)

The Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly
The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly
The Scarecrow by Michael Connelly

Sage by Debora Clark


Scarpetta by Patricia Cornwell (Ended up taking this book back without finishing it. I was 1/3 of the way into it and could not get "into" it. So boring and wordy.)

Week by Week Vegetable Gardener's Handbook by Ron & Jennifer Kujawski This book was so awesome, I'm buying it!

City Farmer by Lorraine Johnson I didn't read all of this book...

Farm City by Novella Carpenter This was a pretty entertaining book about a woman who lived in a ghetto area of Oakland, CA and raised chickens, turkeys, rabbits and pigs in her backyard. In the MIDDLE of the city!


City of Bones by Michael Connelly

Angels Flight by Michael Connelly

Growing a Farmer: How I Learned to Live off the Land by Kurt Timmermeister


The Dirty Life: On Farming, Food and Love by Kristin Kimball

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

The Fifth Witness by Michael Connelly

The Reversal by Michael Connelly


9 Dragons by Michael Connelly


Chasing the Dime by Michael Connelly

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...