Friday, January 20, 2012

Running Update

Running has been a bit of a challenge since I moved to the farm. The gym is on my way home from work, but the motivation has been lacking. I started going again because I want to work up to a 5K. I'm also motivated by a request to be a bridesmaid for a friend in early June.

I'm still doing the whole run/walk thing like I was before. But I'm learning that I need to walk a longer warm-up otherwise my calves and shins get really tight and sore while I'm running. Last night, I did:

.25 miles at 3.0 mph
.25 miles at 3.5 mph
.25 miles at 4.6 mph
.25 miles at 3.5 mph
.5 miles at 4.6 mph
.5 miles at 3.5 mph
.25 miles at 4.6 mph
.25 miles at 3.5 mph
.25 miles at 3.0 mph

I ended up running a mile and walking 1-1/2 miles. It took about 45 minutes.

A 5K is 3.1 miles. I wanted to do that last night, but I also knew that even though I called and reminded Grandma that I would be late getting home due to going to the gym that they still wouldn't eat without me. Sure enough, I got a text message from my brother on my way home to the tune of "Why aren't you home yet?"


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...