Saturday, August 20, 2011

Putting Food by: Mint Liqueur

Does this count as putting food by? I'm thinking Mojitos when the mint is dead this winter.

I used the Fresh Mint Liqueur 2 recipe from this website: http://healthy-life.narod.ru/nal_e39.htm

 Today I started steeping the mint leaves in the vodka. Skyy vodka is what Grandma Ettling uses for her raspberry liqueur, so I thought I'd try it with this. A fifth is 3 cups, which is good to know for next time. (For some reason that didn't occur to me and I used a measuring cup...)
 1 1/4 c of mint in vodka.
It's going to sit on the counter for the next two weeks and steep. I put it next to the coffee pot so I'll remember to shake it up every morning. After two weeks, I'll move on to the next step - straining the leaves out and mixing in a simple syrup.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...