Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Garden Report 07.19.2011

Last night the rain barrel ran out of water. I've been watering at least once a day, sometimes twice a day, for almost the entire month of July. I'll water in the morning, and then when I come home in the evening everything is wilted again.
This morning I rolled out the hose that's attached to the house to water. That's a lot more pressure than the rain barrel! Hopefully everything got enough water and I don't have to water this evening.
There are a couple Black Cherry tomatoes that are starting to blush! This means tomatoes are coming soon!

Last night, I roasted the remainder of the root vegetables that I pulled up on Saturday in olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and basil. I also made a corn chowder and peach pie. I'll post the recipes later this week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...