Friday, October 21, 2011

Going Away Party!

Earlier this week I was asked by our Administrative Assistant, Hope, what I would like for lunch on Friday (today). The principals decided they were catering in lunch for my going away party and it was up to me where the food came from. It wasn't a very difficult decision: Whole Hog Cafe. This is one of my favorite places in town to get BBQ. My favorite menu items: pulled chicken, potato salad, burnt-end-cheesy corn. (But they also ordered pulled pork, fries, cole slaw and baked beans! We had a full spread!)

They also got cake:

Chocolate and yellow cake.

And they passed a going-away card around the office for everyone to sign. They were super-sneaky about it too- I had no idea it was going on!

The next time I post, we'll either be en route to or settled in at the farm, or after my first day of work (Monday!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...