Monday, October 10, 2011

Things Fall Into Place

 For the last 1-1/2 years, I've had this white board on my wall listing target dates for exams and the actual date of taking each exam. Half a lifetime ago I read a statistic that goals that are written down are 70% more likely to be achieved than those that aren't written down. I have a pretty good success rate, even for the "To Do" items listed on the right hand side.


I've been working toward a goal for the last several years, a goal of moving back home to be closer to family. When I failed that last exam in March, I felt like my life had been put on hold for 6 months.

(Tangent here: On the lower right are names of four bands that my BFF Melissa and I want to see in concert: Guns & Roses, Lenny Kravitz, Lady Gaga and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Now I need to work on achieving those goals!)

I've been looking at job listings for awhile now. A couple weeks ago, my Mom called with a job ad that sounded right up my alley and it was in my hometown. I think I had my resume revised and application filled out and all mailed before I remembered to talk to the Hubs about the opportunity.

And then I got called for an interview!

And then I got offered the job!

And now I'm moving back home. I'm sad to leave Springfield, but so excited to be closer to family.

There's a lot more that needs to happen:
The Hubs graduating college
Our house selling
Finding/buying a house back home

But it's finally falling into place. Kind of like the illustrations on these U-haul boxes - they're like Legos for adults.
 Look - they even stack perfectly in a truck!
 Tonight on the way home I caught a glimpse of the sunset and luckily stopped at a stoplight long enough to snap a photo. Such a beautiful reminder that life keeps going, that it all fits into place.
 

1 comment:

Deb said...

I believe in 'things falling into place'......they really do!
Love the U-haul analogy! You crack me up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...