Monday, October 24, 2011

Home on the Range

You should feel special! Today you get two posts for the price of one!
This probably won't happen very often, but I wanted to share what's happened since the move!

 The first full day on the farm (Sunday), I helped Dad out in the field.
 He had an electric fence that we rolled up and are relocating this week. He's probably already out in the field as I type this, wondering why I'm not home yet to help...
 My Dad is pretty genius. He made this roller contraption to roll up the poly-wire.
 Beautiful sunset last night.
Moo!

I learned that prolapse is a pretty bad deal. I'm not posting a photo on here, but I will warn you that it is pretty graphic if you google it. Pretty much, a cow can't birth anymore after that. She gets stitched up, gets to raise her calf, and then gets shipped off to the processor or auction barn. (Not the cow in the picture above, but another one.)

The numbers:
Number of sunsets watched from the field: Uno
Number of days until I see the Hubs again: 18
Number of site visits with inspectors: Two
Number of plans reviewed: One

1 comment:

Deb said...

Beautiful sunset! Love life on the farm......but we were sad and lonely without you today!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...