Monday, June 4, 2012

Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center

 After the day-after-the-wedding-brunch on Sunday, I went to the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. I've used the website for research for a couple projects, both the Habitat for Humanity project I worked on in college and for the design competition I entered with a friend a couple years ago.
 There are several walking trails (which are pretty hot because of the scarcity of trees and shade). There are also several demonstration and theme gardens. The plants in the theme gardens are broken down by shade/sun needs, water needs, color, edible-ness, etc. The demonstration gardens show how native plants can be used in both formal and informal gardens.




 The biggest yucca plant I've ever seen. It was probably over 10' tall.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...