Saturday, June 30, 2012

Enchiladas chicken verde

Remember all those tomatillos I've harvested lately? I was saving them up for some homemade salsa verde for this enchilada recipe out of Savoring Mexico.

Saturday night I put a 4 pound package of chicken thighs in the crockpot with a diced whole yellow onion, a teaspoon of salt, and about 6 cloves of smashed garlic. That cooked over night and then Sunday morning fell off the bone.
Sunday morning, before it got too hot (because Grandma's house isn't air conditioned), I made the salsa verde. The recipe called for 3 pounds of tomatillos, but we had closer to 5, so that's what I used. I quartered them and then they simmered for about 20 minutes with about 3 chopped/seeded jalapenos and 4 cloves of garlic.



Then the mixture went in the food processor to get pureed. Then simmered on the stove until it thickened. 

Yeah... sorry that's all that was left to photograph... I made the enchiladas for dinner on Monday night, a 9x13 pan, plus my brother and I had about 10 tacos between the two of us since Sunday morning. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...