Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Daniel"s dinner

My brother made dinner last night. I helped prep the veggies and then went outside (where it was cooler) to play with Freddy.

Here's the "bag of goodies" he used for making his homemade alfredo:
Chicken breast
3 kinds of cheese - asiago, parmesan, mozzarella
3 halfpints of heavy cream
noodles
cream cheese
mushrooms
two peppers
garlic
I diced the veggies while Daniel sliced up the chicken. He sauteed the chicken and a little garlic in olive oil, then removed the chicken from the pan. He added the veggies to the pan and cooked until tender, then added in the cheese (not all of it, but most of it) and heavy cream, stirring to melt the cheese. Then added the chicken back in. 
Daniel's homemade alfredo is one of my favorite dishes, especially because I don't have to cook anything!

These last couple weeks, I've come to really understand, appreciate, and long for a "summer kitchen". I completely understand why there was a kitchen separate from the main house. It's too hot to cook in a house in the middle of summer when it's 100+ degrees, that doesn't have air conditioning.

Don't worry too much, the Hubs and I have a small air conditioner in our bedroom window that we use at night. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...