Thursday, July 19, 2012

Southwest salad



It's summertime, which means a lot of fresh cherry tomatoes from the garden. This week for several lunches, I put together a quick salad, which can be eaten warm or cold. (I chose warm, so I could melt shredded cheddar on top.)

Southwest Salad
about 14 cherry tomatoes, halved
4 jalapenos, seeded and diced
1 onion, diced
2 ears of corn, cut from the cob
1 stalk of celery, diced
1 can of black beans, rinsed
a handful of cilantro, roughly chopped

In a medium skillet, saute the onions, jalapenos and corn in about 1 Tbsp olive oil until tender. 

In the meantime, mix together the tomatoes, celery, black beans and cilantro in a bowl.

Add the warm mixture to the bowl and mix together. Season with salt and pepper to taste. 

This made about 3 servings, which I topped with about 2 Tbsp of shredded cheddar and nuked at the office. 

I chose not to saute the celery because I wanted a crunch!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...