Thursday, July 5, 2012

Zonta's Murder Mystery

Also known as "eat so much chocolate-covered fruit, pretzels and marshmallows that it hurts".

I'm a little behind writing about this fundraising event, but it was a fun event so I wanted to share.

A couple weeks ago, several friends from work and I went to the Zonta Chocolate Murder Mystery held at Buckner's Brewery. The event was held on the second floor, in a room that overlooks the Mississippi River and floodwall.

Zonta is an international organization that "seeks to advance the status of women worldwide by improving the legal, political,economic, educational, health and professional status of women at the global and local levels through service and advocacy."  (from the international website) I won't lie; when I first heard about this organization I felt it was pretty sexist. Then I heard more about their mission and how the organization helps women gain financial freedom by teaching them new skills, and improving their access to healthcare. See more on the flyer below. Zonta not only helps women in other countries, but also women here in the local area. 

The event was a murder mystery. Think of the board game Clue acted out. And there was chocolate. Lots of it. There was a chocolate fountain and chocolate candies, cookies, cakes, and items to dip in the chocolate.
 This was just one of my plates...
This was just one of the tables...

I'm glad our table stopped downstairs for salads and appetizers prior to all the chocolate!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...