Monday, April 25, 2011

April showers

I went home for Easter. I think the reason I get cabin fever in Springfield is because on the farm there is always something to do, even if walking around and reminiscing is the only thing to do. This weekend was not short on boredom, though. There was lots of rain, and lots of family time. According to weather.com for this last week in Cape:
4/19: 1.18"
4/21: .32"
4/22: .94"
4/23: 4.85"
4/24: 2.97"
4/25: 3.62"
That's 13.88" of rain in the last week in Cape.

We weren't short on rain here in Springfield though either:
4/21: 1.08"
4/22: .57"
4/23: .58"
4/24: 2.86"
4/25: 3"
So far: 8.09"

Here's some random pictures from the weekend. I forgot my camera inside so I didn't get cow, calf, or kitten photos. Maybe in two weeks when I go home?
Friday evening, my brother decided we were going fishing. Step one: catch a frog, to catch a catfish with.

Mental note: remember to take my own galoshes home next time. I wore Dad's boots that he wears when he's feeding cows. They worked, but were a little big.

A huge tree fell over at Grandma Ettling's house. That's my cousin Jacob, who's probably pushing 6'-0" tall.
This is what I came home to... our back yard has some low spots around the greenhouse. I need to truck in some dirt. Part of the problem is that our neighbor's yard is 4" taller than ours and is only separated by a chainlink fence. She doesn't have any low spots in her backyard at all.


Luckily there wasn't any water inside the greenhouse. The floor inside has several inches of 3/4" gravel.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...