Sunday, February 12, 2012

Running Update 2.12.12

Friday I went to the gym after work and ran on the treadmill. It's a little chilly here to even think about running outside. I'd be surprised if we broke 30 degrees in the last three days.

I ended up running/walking for 45 minutes. Here's what I did:

walk at 3mph for .25 miles
walk at 3.5 mph for .25 miles
run at 4.7mph for 1 mile (!!!! I haven't ran a mile at one time, since, oh... five years ago maybe?)
walk at 3.5 mph for .5 miles
run at 4.7 mph for .25 miles
walk at 3.5 mph for .25 miles
walk at 3 mph for .25 miles

I stretched before the treadmill, and lifted weights for about 10 minutes afterward.

I probably could have ran longer, but I was afraid to push myself too hard. After walking for .5 miles, it was really hard to run again. My calves and shins were really tight and pained.

There was even a point during the run that I might have felt a runner's high. Pretty awesome.

I'm going to try to increase to running 1.25 miles at one time this week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...