Sunday, February 12, 2012

Spinach Artichoke Dip

Sunday, for the Superbowl, I made Spinach Artichoke Dip, adapted from the recipe out of my Bridal Edition Red Plaid Cookbook.

1/2 c + a handful shredded mozzarella
1 c sour cream
1/2 c mayonnaise
1/2 c + a couple shakes shredded parmesan
14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 1/2 c fresh spinach, chopped
1/2 c finely chopped red onion
2 cloves garlic, chopped

In a bowl combine the 1/2c mozzarella, sour cream, mayo and 1/2 parmesan. Add the artichokes, spinach, red onion and garlic. Spread in a pan (the original recipe called for a 9" pie plate. I used a 5x9 (?) glass pan). Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheeses and some fresh black pepper

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

Serve with veggies, chips, fresh bread, whatever tastes good.

Half headless photo courtesy of my brother...




On Monday, we still had over half a pan of dip left. There were several people sick on Sunday that couldn't make it. So I decided to do something creative with the dip before we got sick of eating dip. I started thinking about this chicken ring that my mom makes on her Pampered Chef baking stone.

So that's what I did. Except it's more of a spinach artichoke log, and I used a cookie sheet.

1 package of Pillsbury Big & Buttery Crescent rolls
Leftover Spinach Artichoke dip

Lay the crescent rolls on the cookie sheet, alternating directions. Along one side of the rolls, scoop in the dip. Then cover and press the edges closed.

The cookie sheet wasn't long enough for all of the crescent rolls as a log, so we had some spare rolls on the side.

Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes, until the crescent rolls are golden.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...