Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sertoma Chili Cookoff

This last weekend I went to Springfield, to spend time with the Hubs, but also to attend the Sertoma Chili Cookoff. This is a fundraiser event with tons of chili. You pay a flat fee to get in and then sample chili from as many booths as you can fit in your stomach. They give you a little styrofoam cup (maybe 1/2 cup size?) and a spoon and refill it at every booth.
My favorite chili every year is the firemen's chili. I think they put molasses in it. The firemen and policemen had booths right across from each other, and had competitive t-shirts on. The police shirts said "Firefighters aren't that cool. The water does all the work" and the firemen shirts said "God made firemen so cops have heroes"

My BFF and me!
My BFF found a chili that had peanut butter in it. Genius idea since I'm always dipping a peanut butter sandwich in my chili!

The people working the booths get really into it (see costumes above and below)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...