Thursday, February 2, 2012

Working on Running

Last night I finished 3.25 miles on the treadmill. This is an increase of .75 miles from what I had been doing. Here's the breakdown:

.25 miles at 3 mph
.25 miles at 3.5 mph
.75 miles(!!!) at 4.7 mph
.5 miles at 3.5 mph
.5 miles at 4.7 mph
.25 miles at 3.5 mph
.25 miles at 4.8 mph
.25 miles at 3.5 mph
.25 miles at 3 mph

I finished in about 50 minutes. 

The only thing I can figure is that my endurance is finally increasing. Usually I get through that first round of 4.7
mph and can barely move my legs because my calves are so sore.

However, I also stretched before and after running. The last couple weeks I haven't been stretching at all.

Tonight I'm trying a kickboxing class with a friend. Depending on how I feel tomorrow, I might try to run again, but I have a feeling the class tonight is going to kick my butt!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...