Monday, September 17, 2012

Meals for week of 9/17/12

I'm trying to get the feel for how much food we need in the house to survive a week without additional trips to the grocery store. I'm not doing very well.

Thank goodness that I purchased (ew-processed in a box) seasoned rice and extra canned veggies, or we wouldn't have eaten much this weekend. 

I think part of the problem is that I plan out meals for Monday - Friday but forget there are a couple meals on the weekends that we eat at home as well. We usually eat out at least once on the weekend. Hopefully that will slow down though, so we only have "special" nights out, dates so to speak.

This week we're having:
Deer chili with cornbread muffins
Shrimp and grits with corn
Baked tilapia with rice and steamed broccoli

My lunches:
Falafel patties with rice and veggies, and cottage cheese
Salmon patties with veggies (I need to buy these veggies!)

the Hub's lunches:
Pineapple Quinoa with chicken and other veggies, similar to this quinoa recipe

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...