Saturday, September 3, 2011

Little Victories

I've been trying to go to the gym 2-3 times a week again lately. At the beginning of the year I was going 3-4 times a week and got a little burnt out. And I hurt my shoulder in March by lifting more weight than I should have.... Just recently I was able to lift weights with my right arm again. 

My typical workout is a round of lifting weights on the weight machines, then 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes on the stationary bike. (Sometimes I don't bike and do the elliptical for 45 minutes.) Today, I decided to run on the treadmill. I did a 3 minute warmup at 3 mph, then ran 9 minutes at 4.5 mph, then cooled down for 3 minutes at 3.5 mph.

Did you read that middle part, where I ran for 9 minutes straight? That hasn't happened since sophomore year of college when I was running about 20-30 minutes on the treadmill at a time. Even last year when I was trying to work up to a 5k I never ran that much at once!

I wanted to run longer but the gym closed early today. Their schedule says they're open until 7, but they closed at 5. Maybe because of the holiday weekend?

Run summary: 1 mile in 15 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...