Sunday, September 4, 2011

Putting Food by: Mint Liqueur Part 2

Vodka after mint has steeped for two weeks.

I started making mint liqueur two weeks ago. The mint steeped in the vodka for two weeks. If you missed part one, go here.

To remove the mint leaves from the alcohol, I placed a square of cheesecloth in the mixing bowl, poured the contents of the jar in to the bowl and then squeezed the cheesecloth and mint to get all the liquid out.

 Simple syrup: 2 c sugar and 1 c water. Bring to a boil, stirring until all sugar is dissolved, then cool to room temperature.
 Check out the cool bottles I found at Marshall's!
 You saw the color of the liquid earlier, right? It was a little funny colored. I wasn't planning on putting the food coloring in, but after seeing the brown color I decided to go ahead with the coloring. 2 drops blue, 8 drops green. Next time I'll cut that in half.

All bottled up, it made about 5 cups. The recipe says to let it age for a couple months, but I think I need to taste test it sooner.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...