Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Minty drinks and Lunches

Couldn't wait any longer and broke into the homemade mint liqueur Monday night. Mostly because I was extremely wired about the exam I took that morning and really couldn't sleep.

I don't know what you call the drink I made:

juice of half a lime
2 shots mint liqueur (basically 2 shots of minty vodka with sugar)
top it off with club soda
For lunches this week, I made a couple different dishes. One was this squash dish, based off the Squash Gratin on Food &Wine's website. I didn't make the whole recipe in case I didn't like it. And I added bacon.

1 acorn squash, cut in half, seeded, and roasted at 400 for an hour
1 leek, sliced thinly
olive oil
salt &pepper
baguette slices
3 oz. mozzarella cheese
4 slices bacon, sliced, fried and drained
1/4 c milk
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 c chicken stock

Roast the acorn squash.

Saute the leek in the olive oil until tender. Add salt & pepper, chicken stock, milk and sugar and cook until reduced.

Peel the squash and smash it with a fork. Press into the bottom of a 9" cake pan.

Place baguette slices on top. Pour leek mixture on top.

Top with mozzarella and bacon.

Bake at 375 for 15-20 until cheese melts and starts to brown.


The other recipe was Stuffed Eggplant, from Beth's Journey blog. Except I didn't put it in the eggplant shell, added about 1/3 bag of frozen spinach, and I added Sriracha at the end.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...