Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Peach Tart

Saturday at the Farmer's market there were peaches. I couldn't pass them up. I made Paula Deen's Peach tart. Not sure if there was enough butter in this for it to be a genuine Paula Deen recipe, but that's how it was labeled!

For the custardy part, I made a few modifications:
2 whole eggs instead of 3 egg yolks
added 1/4 tsp cinnamon
added 1/4 tsp nutmeg

For the glaze, I used about 2 Tbsp orange juice instead of frozen orange juice concentrate. Who keeps that in their freezer anyway??? Test kitchens maybe?
Putting the dough in the tart pan was fun. I smooshed it around the pan with my fingers. It is almost like a shortbread dough.
That's what 6 sliced peaches looks like in a 10" tart pan. They didn't cook down as much as I would have liked.

To change for next time: I was hoping the egg part would be more "custardy". I need to look up Great Grandma Ettling's custard pie recipe and copy that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...