Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Running update

I went to the gym twice this week, on Monday and Tuesday.

Monday, I lifted weights, then did:
3 minute walk warmup at 3 mph,
7 minute run at 4.5 mph,
3 minute walk cool down at 3.5 mph.
Then I did 30 minutes on the stationary bike.

Tuesday, I switched it up a little. I didn't want to lift weights two days in a row, so I skipped that part. I have a problem when I run that my shins feel like they're going to split wide open. Sounds gross, feels extremely painful. I stretch before and after running, but obviously am not doing the correct stretches. However, I've noticed that if I lift weights and/or bike before running, that my shins don't hurt. This also means that the treadmills are usually filled up by the time I'm done with weights and biking.

Tuesday, I did 30 minutes on the stationary bike, then did:
3 minute walk warmup at 3 mph,
9 minute run at 4.6 mph,
3 minute walk cool down at 3.5 mph.

It's strange to say that 4.5 mph is a run, because at lunch I've been walking with a coworker and we walk almost 2 miles in 25 minutes, which is almost 4.5 mph (according to the Endomondo app I have on my phone). I've tried upping the mph on the treadmill but my shins end up hurting quicker. I'll work on endurance (length of run) and then try increasing speed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...