Thursday, April 26, 2012

Garden Report 4.25.12

 Some of the strawberries ripened.
 I had to try one. So much better than storebought.
 Several of the tomatoes and peppers are overflowing their milk jugs. Guess it's about time to take them off!
 The potatoes experienced a huge growth spurt after last week's rain.
And the beets finally sprouted, probably also due to last week's rain.

I put fertilizer around the fruit trees and blackberries. I also put some on one row of potatoes and couple tomatoes, peppers and cabbages, to see if it makes any difference. Our soil report said we're low on lime, which we have a bag of and I need to spread. However, our potato crop has been subpar for the last couple years, so I'm looking for ways to make it better.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...