Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Lamb

Sunday for dinner, we had lamb two ways: on the grill and baked.

To give dinner a Greek theme, I made baklava and tzatziki.

The recipe I use for baklava can be found here. I use almonds.

For the tzatziki, this was my recipe this time:

2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cucumber, halved, seeded and finely diced
1 to 1-1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt - my favorite from when I lived in Greece is Fage
dill to taste, probably about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp


Mix the above together, tasting after adding dill.

There was a lot of lamb leftover. Grandma pressure cooked it on Monday to remove the bones and fat.

Then I made a curry.

1 sweet potato, cut into 1/2" chunks
2 large carrots, cut into 1/4" slices
1 cup of rice cooked with 2-1/2 cups water (I used Bob's Red Mill wild & brown rice mix)
about 12 oz lamb, shredded
1-2 Tbsp sweet curry powder (I use one from Penzey's Spices), to taste

In a large saucepan, cook the potato, rice and carrots until most of the liquid is absorbed. Then stir in the lamb and curry powder. You may need to add in more water if the rice isn't quite done. Cook until the lamb is warmed through.


Oh yeah...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...