Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Enchilada Casserole

This is based off a recipe my mother in law Terry gave us a couple years ago. It's a pretty simple, throw-together kind of meal. And kind of like stew or soup, it seems to get better the day after baking.
Enchilada Casserole

6" round corn tortillas
1 pound hamburger
1/2 an onion, diced
packet of taco seasoning
olive oil if needed

can of corn
can of pinto beans
can of enchilada sauce (I think in the past I forgot to buy enchilada sauce and used salsa instead.)
can of cream of mushroom soup
can of nacho cheese soup
shredded cheddar

Terry also includes a can of sliced black olives. 

Preheat the oven to 350. 

Brown the hamburger in a skillet. Drain the grease, then add the onion and saute until tender. (I didn't have any onions, so I used a shallot.) Mix in the taco seasoning and the water per the package directions.

Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray. (I use olive oil in the spritzer I have from Pampered Chef.)
Arrange a layer of corn tortillas in the bottom of the 9x13.
Layer half of each can of the corn, pinto beans, mushroom soup and nacho cheese, half the hamburger, a handful of shredded cheese and 1/3 of the can of enchilada sauce.



I usually make two layers. Then for the top I put another layer of tortillas, the last 1/3 of the can of enchilada sauce and another handful of shredded cheese.

Bake for 20 minutes or so, until the cheese is melted. Baking it is really just to warm it through since the hamburger was cooked prior to it going in the oven. Serve with a dollup of sour cream.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...