Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cheesecake!

One of the architects at my office is celebrating 25 years of employment at GHN on Thursday. He doesn't know, but I volunteered to bring cheesecake. I noticed when I make the cheesecake for the fall party and Christmas party he takes a pretty big hunk of it.

This time I decided to make it a little less fuss and only use the food processor. Usually I use the food processor to grind up the crust and then the stand mixer to make the filling. But I didn't feel like doing more dishes...

This is from the Red Plaid Cookbook Bridal Edition that I received from a friend at my wedding shower.

Cheesecake Supreme

1 1/2 c crushed graham crackers (I didn't have walnuts, so I upped the crackers to 2 c, which is about 27 2-piece graham crackers)
1/4 c chopped walnuts
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 c butter, melted
(3) 8 oz packages cream cheese
1 c sugar
2 Tbsp flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 c milk (I was out of regular milk so I used vanilla soymilk)
3 eggs

Combine the graham crackers, sugar and butter. Press into the bottom and sides of a springform pan.


 
Mix together the cream cheese, 1 c sugar, flour and vanilla until combined. Beat in milk until smooth. Then beat in eggs.




  

Pour filling into crust.
Place springform pan on a cookie sheet. Bake for 45 minutes at 375, or until about 2" of the outer edge is set. (I put about 3 cups of water in the cookie sheet; this prevents the top of the cheesecake from cracking.)



Cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack, then cut around the edge of the crust. Cool for an additional 30 minutes.

I also had some garden strawberries that needed to be used, so I made strawberry sauce, also from this cookbook. But here's the less fuss version (the cookbook uses a food processor to mash up the strawberries before cooking, but the food processor was already washed and dried...)

Strawberry sauce
1 1/2 c strawberries
1/4 c sugar

Put the strawberries and sugar in small saucepan over low heat. Keep an eye on them so they don't burn! Once the strawberries start releasing juices, mash with a potato masher. Cook down a little so the chunks are softened.

Now I have to figure out how to get down the ladder out our front door on the way to work without dumping a cheesecake...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...